Blog Welcome Index Videos About Links Contact Donate
Welcome to a world where people have a positive impact, where you can re-imagine the word 'potential'. Please enter with great expectations and leave fulfilled and uplifted with useful tools for your journey...Find me on Twitter

Tuesday 19 June 2007

Health and Fitness

The Shaolin Workout
Sifu Sin Yang Min, a monk from the shaolin temple in China has opened a temple in New York, I'm practising his 28 day workout, and building a temporary shelter in the yard.

Amma
She says ‘The broken ones are my darlings’Amma

The Benefits of Hiking and Climbing - Becoming a Human Animal
When I first went off to the wilderness I was with a small group of kids who all had asthma/eczema, diabetes, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis or some such ailment. I attended a special boarding school for kids who suffered from different illnessess to the point that they would usually be permanently hospitalised. Our first 'wilderness' camping trip took all of these ten and eleven year olds out to a field in the south east of england. It was surrounded by ancient woodland, huge lakes and nothing but countryside. We had to get our water from a natural spring and cook over a fire and sleep in tents...

Ultimate Fitness SAS Training Program...
Why should it just be the Armed Forces and Athletes who get to be Ultimately Fit? In the past an outdoor lifestyle was rigorous enough to make people extremely fit - think of Mountain Men. Unless you're an explorer or adventure sports enthusiast there is little motivation to have a fitness goal let alone maintain fitness ...

Progress is Process - More on the SAS Training program
As of yesterday I began Adrian Weale's 'Fitness Training Program'. I'm starting right from the beginning even if I think I might be able to get a little ahead of myself I want to do the whole thing from start to finish and share the experience. So above is a print out of the Desk Driver Programme...

What to do about sports injuries
Arghh, the aching has begun already, I thought I was fitter than that, but no, any new exercise means new muscles making themslves apparent when you didn't know they existed. So I find Witch Hazel...

Progress Report 1
After, eighty press ups and lord knows how many sit ups and crunches and leg raises my heart is definitely warm. The Home Heart warmer (see Ultimate Fitness and Progress is Process below) definitely does what it says. Now there's only...


As Featured On Ezine Articles
Be Your Healthiest You
It's strange sometimes we have to go through a lot of unwellness or suffering before we figure wellness as an option. We're very ready to be below par and put up with problems like headaches or sniffles; we don't think of normal as 'healthy' but that's what it should be. Our 'normal' should be spark full of energy as we were as kids. But we...

Plant medicine
It's easy to overlook the importance of physical conditioning, but it really is the foundation for everything else. If you're fit you have the capacity for more happiness - really, and don't forget the glowing complexion. 'We are what we repeatedly do' Aristotle said, and that's exercise in a nutshell. You build muscle, it's like memory made flesh...

Your potential you
I am dedicated to something I've called 'Positive Impact Living'. It doesn't matter who or where you are or what circumstances you might be in, I'm posting 'practical' information here that will help you and I make a positive impact from within those circumstances. If I can inspire someone...

Regards Christopher Hansard, Physician Bon Medicine
A true inspiration and help in a dark time of my life

Music Medicine
Imagine a medium of sound and environment which actually heals you. For thousands of years people have used sound as part of the healing process. The Ebers Papyrus from 1550BC one of the world's oldest known medical documents, it prescribes a variety of incantations...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Subscribe to Positive Impact Living Newsletter